
Rumors come in two forms: true and false. Situation along
Bradley Cooper's role in the new
Lance Armstrong biopic seems ‘negative,' but only time will tell.
Chatting to the
BBC last week, Cooper said that he would ‘love' to star as the disgraced cyclist.
The Oscar-nominated thesp added:
I would be interested in that. I think he's fascinating. What a fascinating character.
However, the Silver Linings Playbook lead actor has made it clear, while on the red carpet of the SAG Awards on Sunday, January 27th, that he would not star in a
Lance Armstrong biopic to be produced by
J.J. Abrams.
When asked by
Access Hollywood to comment on the rumor, Cooper said with a laugh:
Oh my God, that's so nuts!
Cooper, who worked together with Abrams on Alias, explained what actually happened:
I was in Manchester, doing the BBC morning show… I had no idea what (the interviewer) was talking about. I didn't even know that J.J. has the rights, I had no idea. I don't know anything about it.
What is certain is that the 38-year-old Silver Linings Playbook actor attended the 2013
Screen Actors Guild Awards show as a nominee, but lost the Best Actor award to Daniel Day-Lewis.
As we reported earlier, Paramount Pictures and J.J. Abrams‘ company Bad Robot have
acquired the screen rights to The New York Times sports reporter
Juliet Macur‘s forthcoming book ‘Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong'. Macur has covered Armstrong news for more than a decade.
Abrams and Bryan Burk will produce the film project.

Source:
AceShowbiz